Welcome :-)

always remember "those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind, so say what you feel and feel what you say"- Dr. Suess


Tuesday, October 04, 2011

U r unemployed


un·em·ploy·ment

noun /ˌənimˈploimənt/ 

1.                                                     The state of being unemployed
2.                                                     The number or proportion of unemployed people

 
I am going to start out by saying how much I truly have a love, hate relationship with unemployment. First let me explain that this is the first time since I have been legally employable that I have been without a job. However, I am not sure if it is the stigma that is keeping me unemployed or if the market is over-saturated, or if it is me as a person. I have been called to many interviews, I have had many people tell me that I would have been their choice, if that other person had not mention that they could do this or that. The fact of the matter is that I too could do this or that, but failed to mention it because the interview didn’t go this or that way. I am skilled; my resume does not define me. It will be a year next month. I have applied at several places twice. I have interview at several places; I can’t help but believe that I am not the problem.

I have work study and have applied for every position that I am eligible for, this is free money folks, and yet I remain unemployed. I regret to inform you that although you did meet the requirements you have not been chosen at this time. How about we don’t regret, because I really am not sure you regret to inform, I think maybe some of you regret your choice. Instead of the standard, why not be real? Why not say I didn’t enjoy our conversation and had a better one with so and so. Or why not lead off with I would have loved to hire you, but John’s niece needed a job so you are out. Sorry maybe if you know someone on the inside I can get you a job. Thank you but you answered the question about chocolate wrong; the answer is yes we love it only we never eat it, not what you said. We never tell the truth here!

I hate the stigmas, I hate that my sister says, “Yeah you don’t want people to think that you are one of THOSE people” What the fuck does that mean. In your opinion I should get me some non-slip shoes, a nametag and a drive-thru headset. Well I suppose it may come to that but at this point in my life I am not ready to regress. I am not just some Ass on the couch. I look for work daily, I go to college, and I want something out of life. Even though I disliked my previous employment, I did not want to be the next to get canned. I have loyalty and motivation to be a great employee, no matter the circumstances. Can I please get a chance?

CHECK OUT ----> http://youtu.be/ghZlwCFYpYc <-----THIS SONG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment